A New Year is about to start and it made me amazed and more grateful to God that I was able to pull this year through. Every experiences I had this year was a journey that I might not forever remember but will surely contribute to what I will become as I continue to run this race called life. I can definitely say that I am blessed to have encountered every challenges I have to face because through it I was able to meet new friends and learn to value the people that are already and will still be part of my life. I wouldn’t be able to learn my lessons through every circumstances that I have to deal and I believe those are just instrument to mold me to accomplish God’s purpose.
Before I actually start to list down all my faith goals for 2o14 I would like to count my blessings and things that I am thankful for the year 2013 which is about to end.
1. Relationship with God. My relationship with the Lord has been my source of strength, wisdom, hope, peace in my heart and a real great joy not just this year as well as the previous years and I do believe that God will continue to be with me in the future and the years to come because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8). God never fails to send His message and reveal Himself to me in every way; from the ever reliable and consistent God’s Word, Bible, through using other people as an instrument to send Father God’s message and for allowing me to be His instrument in so many ways, and to His own unique ways like for this year the name of the taxi owner to a simple note from an unknown person in my notebook but really gave me great reminder and hope during tough times and a lot of amazing revelations. My sincerest gratefulness to my Dear Lord for unfailing love and hope, unending protection and guidance, surprising revelations and discernments, continuous blessings and gifts for this year.
2. Family. Each year I am grateful to God that He gave me a supportive and caring parents. Sometimes even my craziest ideas they support me. One story I can share that happened this year, one day I was so stressed and feeling so messed up with my job and I told my mom I wanna quit my job and she answered go ahead. I was thinking if my mom was just trying to reverse psychology me but eventually I realized that my parents can see my sleepless nights and my health is also affected though I appreciate my parents concern but have to deal with my career in a more mature way that I cannot just leave just that. Anyway, it’s in a different bullet and I would just like to share one of my craziest conversation with my mom ‘coz there’s a lot crazier with my dad. I love my crazy family!!! I am also grateful with my extended family; my equally crazy cousins and friends who became my siblings which I thought I never had before which God never fail to fill those missing pieces in me. And to my second parents tito’s and tita’s who has always been there for me as well. 😉
3. Friends. I’ve been blessed to have met new friends in my present company, HP, who happens to be my colleagues. Though this has been one of realization last year that I am a team player and not a one man team though I was able to do so last year with God’s help. This year has taught me how to value more my friends especially the one that are for keeps. God has put situations and circumstances this year which I’ve learned a lot from them and I realized how to cherished and appreciate the friendship that they have given me. Thank you Guys for being part of my life and for putting a spice on it.
4. Good health. I have appreciated each and every blessing God has put in my way but sometimes I don’t give so much attention of my health. I must be thankful to God that a headache is the worst “illness” came across me last year which I end up to have a reading glasses as the Doctor prescribed me to get one. And the Word has constantly reminding me that “our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit” (1 Corinthians 6: 19). One more thing is my discipline in my eating habit. I don’t want to starve myself to death just to gain the skinny weight everybody wants to have. I’ll include in my faith goals and resolution next year is to respect and discipline my body and health.
5. Travel. Ever since I started working I got a chance to see a lot of breath taking places and enjoy the beautiful creation of Father God in my country, Philippines. Few years back my goal is to visit at least one province of each regions in the Philippines but God is a limitless Father who can exceed what everyone can imagine and dreams for themselves. I was able to visit maybe not all the provinces but more than what I have imagined for myself and this dream has been accomplished last 2011. And for 2013 one of my dream goal was answered and that is to travel out of the country and not just to one country but I as able to visit two Asian countries with my girl friends who has been there with me for almost 2 decades. With this trip I did not just enjoy the places that we visit but I have learned to appreciate more of my friends. I thank the Lord that I was able to visit the modern city of Singapore and the country that seems like Philippines, Malaysia.
6. Work. My work has been a real challenge to me since I left my 5-years previous company and it was a real tough adjustment since last year. This year I can still consider that it was tough year for me at work but I can definitely say I am more confident to face every trials because of my new found friends through my colleagues. For this year, I am more looking forward to fight a real good fight and to give my best shot at work.
7. Gifts. Through those challenges I had this year at work God uses it as an instrument for me to be able to reveal another gift that I never thought I could possibly have. Writing my thoughts was one of revelation before I left my previous job and this year another gift was revealed and it was the gift of writing a poem. It was just amazing whenever I finish a poem because it was like a beautiful artwork reveal how each and every word was made together and create a message that is perfectly inspired by God, family, friends and a lot of instrument God can possibly gave me.
8. Share the blessings. I have been blessed to be part of companies who has a heart to give back and reach out. I thank the Lord that we have a lot of ways to reach out to people and be able to serve in my own simple ways. This year has been a truly amazing year and I am very grateful to God that I was able to become part and instrument to share His love and give back. Thank you Lord for being part of CSR!!!
I may not be able to list everything I received because for sure God’s outpouring blessings are immeasurable. And looking back it made me realized that I really had a blast last year. Let me end this by quoting Ernest Hemmingway.
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.”